The free StreetLib-TNPS B2B global-perspectives newsletter for Middle East North Africa authors and publishers is hitting inboxes about now.
A mixture of regional and global publishing news, Publish MENA‘s function is to offer insights and inspiration to publishers across this exciting region – home to some of the world’s largest book fairs and literary events – and to encourage publishers within and outside MENA to take this publishing opportunity seriously.
This 9th edition includes items on how the UAE and Egypt are supporting their publishers in the pandemic era, and the IPA-Dubai Cares project to digitise remote learning across Africa, as well as the usual selection of regional stories from MENA and international stories that will resonate with MENA publishers.
Here’s how the table of contents pans out for Publish MENA # 9:
• Welcome to Publish MENA # 9
• Kitab Sawti sees subscribers double during regional lockdown
• Bodour Al Qasimi launches AED 1m ($270,000) Emergency Fund to support Emirati publishers
• Sweden: Bookbeat’s new data-sharing tool
• Debut children’s author from Qatar makes shortlist for international indie book award
• PublishDrive May 2020 Report
• Google Loon balloon-internet for Mozambique
• Palestine Book Awards 2020: Shortlist Announced
• Qatar translations award puts Korean in the spotlight this year
• Computer game becomes part of Poland’s official school reading list
• UAE and Spain discuss cultural cooperation
• IPA and Dubai Cares invites proposals for projects to digitise Africa’s education infrastructure
• ‘1001 Titles’ adds 5 new titles in Arabic
• If your books are available worldwide, let people know!
• US audiobook market value up 16% to $1.2bn in 2019. Unit sales also up 16%
• Netflix globally releasing 44 Arabic films from across MENA
• Thanks for reading
Click here to read the full issue. It’s free. No advertising. No affiliate links.